Saturday, February 11, 2012

fhe gone wrong.

A little while ago I mentioned to my sister in law the story of being stranded in Heber, UT during a snow storm driving back from Park City, and she told me that I always seem to have all sorts of adventures. 
She was of course referring to all the misadventures I've had in the past year or so. Most of my misadventrues seem to have to do with my car, it dies, it gets crashed into, it spins out in the snow and breaks itself. 

But I'm happy to report my lastest misadventure
has nothing to do with my car, 
this time it was my face.

At FHE two weeks ago the ward was combined to play toilet paper dodge ball. I should have known better, but I got pretty into the game. I didn't want to be the sissy girl who hangs in the back and then is pathetically the last one left. At the very end of the last round, my team decided to charge with all the toilet paper we had left. I got a few good throws in before getting a toilet paper roll right to the face. 

The actual blow didn't hurt, but I could not keep my eye open. I thought something was stuck in there, but sure enough my cornea got scratched. I know for sure, cause that's what the doctor said the next morning. Lucky me got scratched right over my left pupil, every time my pupil constricted it hurt like, well getting a papercut on your eyeball but then squeezing lemon juice in it. 

The night it happened, everyone thought I was sad.
This is me trying to work the next day.
I tried to work Tuesday and ended up taking Wednesday off and pretty much slept the whole day. My vision out of that eye was pretty blurry until a few days ago, but I'm fit as a fiddle now. 
Face misadventure, check.

No comments:

Post a Comment