Thursday, February 9, 2012

Confidence

A Lady's Guide to Being a Lady

Ladies there are three main characteristics that make a lady, Class, Intelligence, and Confidence. 

How to Have the Confidence of a Lady

Certain ladies are born with confidence. Certain ladies must acquire confidence. There is a certain mantra that I feel every lady should keep in mind, Fake it till you Make it. If confidence is not something that exudes out of your pores, here are a few simple tricks to make you appear confident until it's naturally incorporated  into your character. 

1. I have always thought the phrase "I could never pull that off" was a cop out. And when people tell me "I would never wear that, but you pull it off," I can't help but be slightly insulted. But I have decided that both these statements are a matter of confidence. If a lady feels as though she can't pull of a certain flashy accessory, it's most likely because she's self conscience of its attention drawing-ness. 
Screw that. 
If you like that snazzy statement necklace or those cerulean blue skinny pants wear them. 
Don't be scared to stand out a tad. 
Trust me you'll get compliments.
Me wearing hot pink hi-waisted pants. At the baby shower I was told I looked like Audrey Hepburn, the ultimate compliment. 

2. A big confidence booster for me is wearing lipstick. I was always so fascinated by my mother's lipstick as a little girl. The smell of Loreal lipstick is nostalgic. I couldn't wait to be grown up enough to have my own. Maybe because my first experience wearing lipstick was dance recital stage makeup, making it special, but I always feel empowered with a bold lip. The hue doesn't necessarily need to be bold and bright, but that doesn't hurt. There is a difference between lip gloss and lipstick to me as well, gloss reminds me of middle school sparkles. Lipstick is for ladies. 
Cosmic Magenta was the hue for New Years 2012.

3. A solid tactic in appearing more confident then you may feel is conversation control. That does not mean, in any way, shape, or form, make the conversation all about yourself. Ladies are not self promoters. With that said, don't be scared to talk about yourself when asked . Conversation control refers to adding intelligent comments and anecdotes when appropriate.  Actually listen to what other people are saying, and appear interested (even when you aren't, ladies should never have a sour bored face). If the topic is something you know little to nothing about, listen and ask questions,  learn something new.  Never appear dull, shy, or better than the conversation. 
Doesn't the Lady on the right look confident and engaged in the conversation, even though ladies should never associate with floppy haired man-boot wearing men unless they are Italian fashion designers?

Confidence makes a lady.  
She'll stand taller, speak stronger and feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment