Thursday, October 20, 2011

one gushing auntie.

Previous to this week, I had four nephews and one niece. I love all those kids,
 and I even got to visit my sister in law in the hospital here in 
Utah when Zoey, niece number one was born. 
But I have to say there is a whole different feeling 
when your big sister has her own baby.
 Even with her being hundreds miles away, and me not seeing her pregnant, 
it was a whirlwind of emotions for me.
 Due to some unanticipated complications, Megan and husband Mike 
made it into the labor and delivery room seven weeks early. 
 I got a text Tuesday morning saying that they were in the hospital 
and the baby might have to come the next day. 
I immediately started freaking out. I asked every mother and pregnant lady in my office just how worried I should be.
 I looked up the complications on webmd 
and that freaked me out even more. 
The next I heard was my mom was on an airplane and Megan was being induced. I was worried the baby's lungs wouldn't be developed enough, 
but Mom said it's Megan we're worried about. 
And that was the last I heard.
Until a text at 2 am. That said, Boy 12:31 am OK so far. 
Then at 8 am, one said, Calvin Michael. 
I assumed that was the baby's name. Mom's new to the whole texting thing. Thanks to facebook, brother in law Mike feed me
 pictures and regular status updates. 
That evening I called and finally talked to Megan.
 No pain killers and nearly 24 hours later she had a baby. 


Just after he popped out. 

He'll have to stay in the NICO for a little longer  just to get a bit stronger. 

Daddy Mike and Calvin. 

Big sister Megan and her baby. 
I cried when I saw this picture. 
Love that monkey already. 
Congratulations Dressers. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he is such an adorable little thing! Congrats Auntie and congrats Megan and Mike! :)

    ReplyDelete