Saturday, October 1, 2011

23. It's gonna be great.

This year on my birthday, I decided to indulge. I took the day off from work. 
And I think I'll do it every year to come. 
The morning started with a giant omelet at Guru's. 
Then the activity of my choice.
The Zoo.
Some highlights:
I had a staring contest with a goose.
We watched a gorilla eat its poo.
A little girl named Katie loved watching monkeys just as much as me. 

Mike inside a turtle shell. That's his turtle face.

We watched this squirrel nibble on this nut for 5 minutes. He was focused

I hate giant insects, I wouldn't even look at dead ones, so Mike needed this photo. 

After the zoo we had lunch at the Oasis cafe. 
I ate a gyro, like this:

Next we went to the Broadway theater and saw this strange gem:
We had the theater to ourselves so that made it more fun. 
Finally on our walk back to the car we stopped at a bakery and I got a treat. 

That evening I met up with the girls for dinner and cake.

The girls outside Communal... which was closed. 

We went to spark instead. Got some drinks and overpriced food.

These are my friends. Caitlin and Monica. At the Chocolate.

Me and my delicious birthday cake. 

It was a very good birthday. Best yet in Provo I think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment