Wednesday, March 23, 2011

the other thing that I love that I do

So back to my indentured servitude,  I intern at the Springville Art Museum. I go in a couple days a week and do what ever nobody else wants to do. 
In the fall I worked in operations, which is the behinds the scenes planning. If you ever read anything published in newspapers and such about the museum with the tagline Natalie Petersen, Assistant Director, yeah that was me. This semester I'm working in the curatorial department. It is all to do with the art. And this is what I love the most. 
Currently hanging in the museum is the annual high school show. I got to help with admissions, laying out and hanging the pieces. It was really really enjoyable. I love. The gallery in the basement, I got to layout, which is harder than it sounds. And the gallery with the conference table, I nailed those into the wall. It's hard to describe the feeling I get seeing something I "designed" hung up for the general public to view.
{the artist's gallery}

No comments:

Post a Comment