Saturday, June 2, 2012

You know those moments...

...in the movies where a character walks into a room, sees something completely shocking, and sinks to the floor down a wall crying?
That was me a couple weeks ago. 
On this particular day my phone died around lunch time, so I wasn't forewarned about what I was to walk into. 
Now, it was nothing earth shattering or emotionally traumatizing, I might have built this up a bit too much, but it still made me sad. 
I walked into my dining room covered in sparkling bits of shattered glass. 
My, now known to be, unstable Ikea shelving unit somehow crashed onto the dining table along with all of its glass contents. 

Every single one of the wine glasses my grandmother gave me, in pieces.
All of my vintage goblets I so proudly found at DI, smashed.
Punch bowl and most its cups, destroyed. 
At least a dozen vases, shattered.
Three cake plates. demolished. 
Tens of dollars of Ikea glassware, pulverized.
And Polish Pottery bake ware,  wrecked. 

Luckily it wasn't all gone, the bottom two shelves of items survived. 
This just means two things, 
a. Bolt anything built by me, purchased at Ikea, to the wall
b. The replacements are going to be awesomer. 
The clean up. 

What's left, and that's not even 1/3 of what was on there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment