Saturday, June 2, 2012

May Play Day

As you know my goal for the year is to try something new and get out of town at least once each month. 
Here's May for ya. 
So I headed home to WA for my May trip. Mama Bruce picked me up from the airport and immediately took me to a Nordstrom Rack, she knows me so well.  Dad met up with us and we perused the Super Mall and had some dinner. 
That night, back in Olympia we checked out the Bearded Lady Bakery for dessert. Now not many people may be aware, but Olympia is a dirty hippie town and is known for what is called Olympia Lowlife. This bakery is a little delicious taste of that.  A. its got a feminisitc name like the Bearded Lady, no gender specifics there, B. its in the heart of dirty, yet pretty downtown, C. its owners are tatted up vintage wearing no leg shaving ladies, 
D. its completely vegan. 
But hey, that vegan red velvet cupcake was delish.

The next day I met up with a friend from Provo where I did my something new for the month. 
I, Katie Bruce, the city slicker, heel wearing, darling of a girl, went zip-ling through the forest.
I was a total blast, I wasn't even scared at all.
On this adventure in the woods of Snoqualmie, we also were packing heat and let a shady group of pop cans know it.












We  had lunch at XXX Rootbeer, local haunt of Modest Mouse. 
The best way to end an adventure is with a corndog.

The rest of my trip consisted of a lovely Mother's Day with the family, an excess of shopping at the swanky shopping center in Bellvue, checking out the one froyo place in town and quality time at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment