Monday, November 28, 2011

A personal bubble conflict.

I crave physical contact. 
Not in a overtly provocative manner, though in appropriate contexts, 
spice is nice. 
Everyone has a personal bubble, but mine is conflicted.
My family isn't much for hugging. Especially as adults. 
When my older brothers left for and returned from missions, 
I gave them high fives. 
If I don't know you, I most likely will not want to touch you. 
I'm not the type to hug and air kiss my besties.
I won't snuggle up with just anyone on the couch. 
If a friend is sad, knee pats are my go to comforting touch.
But, man, if you're a boy I like, all that changes. 
It doesn't matter if we've never even spoken
 or have being dating for half the year, 
I crave your physical attention.
I take it as an affirmation of you returning my attention. 
If you touch my knee, the other one goes weak. 
If you pull me in for a quick embrace, I daydream about it the next day.
Any touch to my face and you can pretty much ask me to give you $1000 and I will. 
Now this is not to say I'm merely a mushy little girl, and I say merely because obviously I am one a bit, but I suppose because I'm so closed off otherwise, it just means so much more. 
So boys, be careful, I will be reading WAY too much into every touch. 
And if you're lucky to get a shoulder squeeze or knee pat, know that's me crushing on you, hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment