Tuesday, November 8, 2011

gentlemen callers.

Don't get too excited, the title of the post is mostly just the gentlemen part. This past Saturday, after a lovely lunch with the Captain, I drove to Park City. I perused the outlets and then drove home. passing through Heber.
Heber is where I should have stopped for gas. I made a mental note to do so. As soon as I got to town, I was wrapped up in jamming to
 the hit song on the radio and forgot my mental note. I drove on through.

 Just as I made it out of town I realized the predicament I was in. 
Reminding myself that my tank empty gauge has
 a tendency to be slightly overdramatic, I kept cruising. 

I made it to the canyon,  passed the Aspen Grove turn off and I felt a chug. 
Through the tunnel and on the other side, the speedometer started slowing. With a hefty steering wheel pound and hearty exclaim of 
"Come on" I drifted to the shoulder. 

Flashers on, I called my best friends at AAA.
 I had a forty minute wait until Trevor, my savior,
 would arrive with my auto's lifeblood. 

During that time, I moved to the passenger side 
in case of a break-neck speed sideswipe.
 Luckily it was still light out and I had mobile internet to entertain me. 

After ten minutes a car pulled over 300 yards in front of me.
I watched an early 30s man walk toward me. 
Having spent the last month catching up on episodes of Criminal Minds, I
 didn't know if I should even crack a window for this potential  
Ted Bundy (he did love Utah you know).  But I got out the car with him fifty feet away and yelled AAA's a coming. He smiled, waved and promptly turned around. 

Fifteen minutes after that, another car pulled over. And yet another potential serial killer was coming straight for me. I did the same, yelled I was Ok and he left, both of us unharmed. 

Trevor came 3 minutes later and the rescuing commenced. 

Two gentlemen (three if you count Trevor, I don't because he got paid) stopped to rescue me, the damsel in distress. Don't worry ladies, there are still gems waiting to be unearthed out there. 

1 comment: