Friday, May 20, 2011

stuff I do while getting paid.

Today at work, my boss Steve, who's three sided cubicle is adjacent to mine, popped his head around the corner to drop some knowledge. 
He frequently listens to the podcast Stuff You Should Know and shared his recent listen all about
[Judith Slaying Holofernes By Artemisa  Gentileschi]
[I always thought this painting was fantastic, look at the blood spurts]
[Never scorn a lady]
[I have to admit I had to consult my giant art anthology for the name]
[You just got Art Historyed]

It lead to a two part argument, as in we debated for twenty minutes in the morning and revisited in the afternoon., about whether the unlucky soul, who's head is no longer attached, remains conscious until the residual blood and oxygen drains . 
I find it all to be quite fascinating and have since brought it up with two others. 
I like to confab about strange things and thanks to my boss, I can get paid to do so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment