Friday, May 17, 2013

Whedonites Unite!



I'm volunteering with the Seattle International Film Festival, SIFF, this year and I lucked into landing a shift to work the opening gala. 
This year the opening film was Much Ado About Nothing, a Joss Whedon adaptation. 
I want to express my love for all things Joss right now and get it over with. 
I love Buffy, Angel, and Firefly the most, but also the Avengers. 
Since I was working, I didn't personally get any pictures, so all these are credited to Dana Landon who works for SIFF. 
Here's how the night went down.
 They had us get there early. We watched things from up here for a while.

All these guys were there. Clark, Joss, Amy, someone I don't know, Nathan. 

Aren't they cute?
I worked as an usher in the reserved seating section. Which means I met each of these pictured people and showed them to their seats.
Once the show started, I may have purposely left two seats empty behind all the filmmakers.... 

And I sat behind this lovely couple. That's Willow and Wesley for you Buffy fans.

Joss and Alexis introduced the film.

This is what I watched:

And after the film, all the filmmakers went up on stage for a panel. 
Here, this is as much as I got filmed before my phone ran out of memory:
It was super rad and I'm glad I got to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment