Friday, May 17, 2013

I throw fiestas.

As the new FHE chairperson for my ward I basically throw a ward activity every week. 
A few weeks ago it was a fiesta. 
In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I invited another local YSA ward to come party with ours, Mexican style. 
Orignally it was planned to be indoors, but with unexpected warm sunny weather, we moved it outside. 
We had a potluck style salsa bar, pin the tail on the donkey, and a pinata. 
At each table there was an activity. In case young single people became incapable to chit chat, the activity was there as a conversation starter. There was try gross Mexican candy. There was make some tiny maracas. There was learn Cinco de Mayo history. There was color a picture or do a crossword puzzle There was Learn Spanish with my bff Monica, which was just a giant picture of Monica and same Spanish/English flashcards she translated for me, which included: Sí ,soy un ciudadano Americano and  Eres fastidioso. And there was a photo booth with props. 
I set it all up and just let people float and mingle. Which is hard for me because I really want people to participate is everything whether they want to or not and to really look like they're enjoying it whether they are or not. Makes me feel good. But I didn't do that. 
People did have fun though. 
Thanks to Kylee and her fancy camera we got the whole thing documented. 
Check it out. 


This is DJ Apollo, our very own ward DJ, he was pumping the jams with speakers hooked up to his car. Also he's really good at rollar skating and showed that off. 




My buddy Danny and I got the ball rolling at the photo booth/










And as at any YSA activity, it inevitably turned into a sporting event.

1 comment: