Thursday, April 11, 2013

Martha Martha Martha.

So every morning at work I open the reception desk. I sit there for about an hour every day until the actual receptionist gets in (apparently making her work the full 10 hours reception is open is cruel).
It is not the most titillating place to be at 7:30 am. 
I started the habit a couple weeks ago to write a daily email to my two besties, Monica and Caitlin. 
It began because the story I had to tell them on that particular day would have taken about a month and a half to type out in a text message. 
Since then it's become a daily ritual.
They're essentially my diary. 
It's great to have a diary that not only responds to you,
 but it has two points of view.
They got so into, they each send me an angry or disappointed (those are worse) message when they don't get their email promptly that morning. 
Anyway, this morning, after a response from diary Monica, I thought to myself, man I would love to be Martha Stewart. I want her life. Minus the jail part, which diary Monica made sure to point out to me. 
I like throwing parties, cooking things, crafting, decorating and gardening, why can't I get paid to tell people how to do it all? I especially love telling people how to do things. It would be awesome. 
When I need a recipe, I go to Martha.
When I need a party decor idea, I go to Martha
When I need crafting supplies, I go to Martha.

For now, I'll just fork over my money to Martha every time I go to Micheal's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment