Tuesday, April 5, 2011

exercise

I grew up doing ballet. Age three on. It was my sole exercise, I never went running, I never went to the gym. I stayed fit through plies, pirouettes, and pas de bourres. I never really learned how to exercise.
I haven't taken a ballet class  in three years. I bought new flats last summer in the hopes of doing drop in classes, but alas I still haven't sewn the elastics. 
Now I've put on some weight. Don't give the whole, shut up your tiny routine. Yes I know I'm tiny. I have a very small frame. And I've always been/still am slender, but when the only place I gain weight is my gut, I look like a toothpick with a little baby sized bowl of pudding on the middle of it. 
{ Let's use our imaginations class, I even picked flesh  tone pudding}
Plus, every time I try to exercise I my heart just about explodes. 
So its time to learn how to exercise, outside of a dance class, like normal people. 
Monica and I started (as in just barely, we just did out first workout) a new routine. Ab Ripper X from P90x and a little cardio from a dance workout video. 
It is now your job to make sure I do it. That way I'll live past 35 without a heart attack and my mini pudding will dissolve. 

2 comments:

  1. I hate exercising too. I wish we never had to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't beleive you did p90x as your first exercise! that is killer, lol!

    ReplyDelete