Friday, August 31, 2012

growing up....almost.

I want you to play this song as you read. 

August 2012 was a big  month for me. My out of town experience and something new rolled into one this month. 
About nine-ish months ago it dawned on me that my apartment contract was up in August and there was no where else in Provo that I wanted to live.
 I decided to move. To move out of Utah. 
The decision was based on a few facts:
A. My six years in Provo is literally the longest I have ever lived in one city, time for somewhere new. 
B. The kind of career I want to end up with cannot be found in Utah. A friend told me once, 
"It's better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb, than in the middle of the one you don't."
C. Verging on the tender age of 24, I actually feel like a grandma near BYU campus. Got to get out of a student ward. 
D.But mostly it was to take a risk, start over, spread my......
you think  I'm going to say wings, that's lame.....
my awesomeness to a new city.

And the city I picked is Seattle, mostly because I love the city (it's got art, shopping, water and hipsters to mock galore), but also because I can bum off my parents until I find employment. 

The reason I had you play that song is that, even though the only lyrics that really apply here is about 2-3 lines worth, it was the last song that played on the radio as I bid adieu to bff Monica and it seemed rather poignant. 

Unemployed. 
Homeless. 
Dwindling funds.
Well, I guess this is growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment