Tuesday, May 1, 2012

urban garden

I have hopes to live in a city. I could even live in an apartment my whole life, a big one of course. The biggest pull for me winding up in the suburbs is to have my own garden. 
Growing up it was always my job to weed the garden and plant new flowers. 
It's down and dirty work, in the most literal way, but gardening has a beautiful, and most rewarding outcome. 
Last year I purchased over the rail flower boxes at IKEA. Those flowers promptly died. But this year I live on an end apartment and my "porch" gets plenty of sun and I decided to try again. I need to hone my urban* gardening skills any way. 
flower boxes

urban garden

when roommate moved out, placing her cinder blocks outside the door was apparently as far as she could carry those heavy things, so I utilized them. 

dirt crusted nails. great job. 

I can still be chic when I garden.

I have the perfect patio chairs that would really pull this space together, but I'm scared they will get stolen. So for now, just the flowers in this garden.

*soley for the sake of this post, Provo is being categorized as urban.

No comments:

Post a Comment