Saturday, June 18, 2011

1950s.

The 1940s & 50s were such a classy era when it comes to fashion. Everything was very clean cut and simple making any woman elegant. I wish I had a full wardrobe of cocktail dress from this era. 
So far I have two. 
The first I got from a vintage store in London. It still needs a little work, a stitch here and there. 
Eventually I'll make a petticoat and bolero for it and pray I have somewhere to wear it to. But I couldn't wait and I wore it to a Halloween party last year:


Don't mind Kesha. It's tea length and I think, has great potential. 

The other vintage dress I have I got at a thrift store in downtown Olympia, WA for forty bucks. It fit too well to pass it up. I debuted this dress last night at a wedding. Who cares if the was a tad too overdressed?


I smiled real big for you.  This dress has pretty gold lamé  flowers on it and oops looks like it seriously needs to be pressed. Funny story, after the wedding Mike and I went over to some friends' and played poker, felt a little James Bond-ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment