Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I put the amp in Campout.

You would think having lived in Utah for six years I would have made some sort of effort to do things outside, I mean the state has red rock and mountains. But, nope. Sure didn't.
 Ok, I went hiking once. Oh, and I rode a ski lift. 

But now I'm in the Northwest and everyone is an outdoor person. Hiking here, kayaking there, and everyone has a bicycle. 
So there's that pressuring me. 
Working at an outdoor outfitting company like
Eddie Bauer sure piles in on as well. 

I generally just opt out of any invitation for things outside. Or people just don't invite cause they know I won't go.
Unless the outdoor in outdoor outlet mall counts. 

Well I did something, kinda of outside.
This doesn't count as camping, but campout was in the activity's title. 
I attended the YSA Campout. 
We slept in a cabin, and I spent a whole lot of the time inside,
but it's the thought that counts?
It was a good let's-finally-introduce-Katie-to-outside-things thing.
Here, look:
First we went and looked at the horses. 

Then did some impromptu yoga. 

Mingled with the RS prez Jenn inside. 

Page turned while Billy jammed.

We went out to play games but never actually did.

There was a fire that we s'mored at. 

And we did some star gazing, but pictures wouldn't be able to do that justice. We also stayed up half the night mingling, eating junk food and doing other typical sleepover/campout activities. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I decided last minute to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment